Sailing Hatseflats
A 15ft Pram for Dinghy Cruising
20180624
20180625
20180626
20180627
20180628
20180629
20180915
20181014
20190422
20190510
20190511
20190512
20190525
20190601
20190803
20190804
20190805
20190807
20190819
20190820
20190821
20190822
20190823
20190828
20200216
20200603
20200612
20200712
20200718
20200719
20200727
20200822
20200905
20200910
20200911
20200912
20200913
20200920
20210305
20210509
20210724
20210905
20210912
20211003

Hatseflats Design

Hatseflats Hull Build

Fitting Out Hatseflats

Building TooPhat

<< >>

20190828

Over the weekend I decided to continue with the same mast but to install it upside down. First I marked the kink in the mast and reinstalled the fittings upside down with the kink facing aft.

I looked carefully at the mast partner and carefully removed the cracked part from the port-side cheek. It appeared that the oregon pine lamination had sheared off just outside the glue line. This meant that the wood was the weakest part, not the glue itself. I used PolyPox 700 glue to glue both parts together and used an oversized screw as an extra reinforcement.



20190828_IMG_1450.JPG
20190828_IMG_1451.JPG
20190828_IMG_1452.JPG
20190828_IMG_1455.JPG