Sailing Hatseflats
A 15ft Pram for Dinghy Cruising
20180624
20180625
20180626
20180627
20180628
20180629
20180915
20181014
20190422
20190510
20190511
20190512
20190525
20190601
20190803
20190804
20190805
20190807
20190819
20190820
20190821
20190822
20190823
20190828
20200216
20200603
20200612
20200712
20200718
20200719
20200727
20200822
20200905
20200910
20200911
20200912
20200913
20200920
20210305
20210509
20210724
20210905
20210912
20211003
20220430
20220508
20220603
20220618

Hatseflats Design

Hatseflats Hull Build

Fitting Out Hatseflats

Building TooPhat

<< >>

20200719

Finishing the box consisted of: cutting the lid to size and giving all surfaces three coats of epoxy. Painting the box in Hatseflats colours would have to wait until after our summer holiday.

The first job was to remove the wrapping and cardboard layers and verify that the lid fitted the box correctly.

I used the router to cut the lid into shape and round the corners.

With the lid ready I coated the insides of the box and the lid. I took care not to coat the alloy rails and heat shields. During the final coating I gave all inside seams some extra attention to ensure waterproofness from the inside.

After I had coated the outside as well, the box was finally ready. It had taken about 40 hours to build the box. More than half that were spent to sand the box. Sanding the box to perfection would have taken twice as much time.

We took the galley box on our camping trip. The box worked quite well for us and earned many positive comments from passers-by.